After over two hundred years, in 1862 the convent of the Augustinian Canonesses of the Lateran and their school moved from their property on the Rue des Fosses St Victor in the centre of Paris when their old site was demolished during Baron Haussmann’s renovation of the city. The convent and school moved to Neuilly, on the outskirts of the city. In 1911, new laws saw the community and school leave France for England.
We are delighted that the girls’ school that now occupies this site, Ste Marie de Neuilly, is our sister school.
We run an exchange programme with Ste Marie de Neuilly. Each year our Lower IV (Year 8) and GCSE students visit Paris and take part in lessons with their penpals from Ste Marie de Neuilly and stay with them and their families. Our girls are also able to enjoy the many sights around Paris and, in return, we are able to offer the same hospitality during their yearly visits to St Augustine’s Priory.