At St Augustine’s we rejoice in instilling a love of learning for its own sake. It happens that girls also perform out of their skin in public examinations – our girls our clever and they relish the quality of learning and teaching we offer.
Scholarships are available at 11+ and 16+, with the exception of our Modern Languages Scholarship, which is available at 14+ and 16+.
Pupils in Upper II (Year 6) are eligible to apply for one scholarship only and may choose from the following:
11+ Scholarships carry a discount of up to 10% of tuition fees. Please review the guidelines by subject for 11+ Scholarships for September 2022 Entry.
Pupils in Upper V (Year 11) are eligible to apply for one scholarship only and may choose from the following:
- The Mary Tredway Award is full scholarship worth 100% of tuition fees
Subject Specific Scholarships
- Classics Subjects: Latin or Classical Civilisation
- Creative Subjects: Art, Drama or Music
- English Literature
- Humanities Subjects: History, Geography or Religious Studies
- Maths & Science (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physical Education or Physics)
- Modern Languages – French, Russian or Spanish (this is also available at 14+ when pupils are in Year 9)
16+ Scholarships carry a discount of up to 10% of tuition fees, with the exception of The Mary Tredway Award, which is a full 100% scholarship. Only two Mary Tredway Awards are awarded each year. The guidelines by subject will be available by the end of October 2021.
Bursaries at St Augustine’s Priory are means tested awards offered to exceptional candidates, at the 11+ and 16+ entry points, who meet the School’s admission criteria but may otherwise be unable to attend the School due to financial hardship. Bursaries up to a maximum of around 75% may be offered depending on individual circumstances. If you are interested in applying for a bursary, as a first step, please complete our Bursary Enquiry Form (please note that this is not a bursary application form it is an initial enquiry form). A member of the Admissions Team will be in touch once your enquiry has been reviewed.
Dates for scholarships for entry in September 2022
- 11+ Scholarship Registration Deadline: Friday 19th November 2021
- 16+ Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday 19th November 2021
- 11+ Scholarship Assessment Day: Friday 7th January 2022
- 16+ Scholarship Assessment Day: December 2021 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Offers Day: Friday 11th February 2022
- Acceptance Deadline: 12 noon on Monday 7th March 2022