Welcome to Priory 6, the St Augustine’s Priory Sixth Form for girls.
At Priory 6, our students believe;
- In ambition
- In community
- In using their voice to seek answers …. to empower others
- In making a difference
- They are here for a reason
“Having studied Drama, English Literature, History and Latin for my A Levels, I believe the academic subjects I chose helped contribute to my career but not as much as the support and life lessons that St Augustine’s gave me.” – Rebecca Koczan, Senior Campaign Manager in the UK Marketing team for Live Nation Entertainment
Priory 6 News
- Offers have been flooding in for this year’s Upper VI, with 90% from top 20 best performing universities.
- Our Big Sister Little Programme is being run by the Deputy Head Girl for Seniors every Friday lunchtime.
- This year’s School Production of Chicago: High School Edition taking place at Questors Theatre on 3rd, 4th and 5th April is well underway, with leadership roles such as Assistant Director, Stage Manager, Costume Designer being taken up by Lower VI students, as well as lead roles of course!
- Priory Purpose, our Sixth Form’s charity initiative, broke all records with the annual Fright Night in November, raising an astonishing £940. Completely run by Lower VI students, this popular event provided a challenging escape room experience for pupils with staff dressed up as terrifying characters.
- In September 2018, two of our Lower VI students founded their own pressure group called Preventing Period Poverty after discussing pressure groups and non governmental organisations in a Government and Politics lesson. You can donate to them online via our Amazon wishlist: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ls/?ref=navm_em_mobile_menu_lists You can also follow them on Instagram: @preventingperiodpoverty
- Our WWI Commemorative event was brilliantly run by Priory 6 students. Caitlin Parry wrote a beautiful set of monologues which were spoken outside alongside 100 girls dressed as WWI soldiers and nurses.
- This year’s Young Enterprise group ‘Natura Beauty’ developed and sold clay face masks and bath bombs, making over £500 in profit at the Christmas Fair and Priory Pyrotechnics event. Watch this space for a new brand they are developing called ‘Blue Hippo’!
- Congratulations to this year’s Travel Scholars who presented their ideas to the panel in October. Two pairs of travellers have been awarded the fund this year, joining excellent projects in Sri Lanka and Ghana.
- Girls have continued to give Wider Reading presentations every Monday afternoon in the Priory 6 Common Room. Highlights have included Animal Ethics, Brexit and The Go Between.
- Our regular Thursday lunchtime Careers talks have been very well attended by Upper V and Priory 6 so far this year, featuring a wide variety of professionals, from Operations Management and IT, to Online Learning and Human Resources.
- Recent work experience opportunities have included the House of Lords, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Maverick and North One Television.
- Upper VI and Lower VI Government and Politics students regularly meet Rupa Huq MP and attend a debates at the House of Commons.